The Money Maze, Don’t Get Lost in the Middle, is a curriculum aligned personal financial literacy textbook for Grades 5 – 8. Introduce your students to the concepts of handling their money, and then use the worksheets for ‘hands on’ learning! Included websites and calculations will help your students learn to successfully manage their money. Table of Contents distinguishes grade levels.
Learning key strategies to handle your money now will allow you to create a balanced future and get you through the Money Maze – Point A to Point B – without too many detours! In this book you will learn about and how to:
- Make and balance a budget
- Paychecks & W2s
- Checking accounts and Debit Cards
- Credit cards interest and payments
- Introduction to College and Financial Aid
- Introduction to Income Tax
- Compound Interest – and why you must start early!
- Roth IRAs
- And optional chapter on how to buy a car!
This book is written for an education level of 5th to 8th grade, however, it is the perfect book for ESL classes, GED classes, new immigrant classes, adults working on GED’s, generational poverty students, and any one else who has minimal training in finances.