Bella Buys a Big Blue Bike! is an introduction to financial literacy for elementary age students and exceptional children. Join Bella on her journey from her first ‘want’ of a new bike, through valuable lessons involving money choices, to finally saving enough money to buy her bike one wonderful sunny morning.
Core Curriculum and TEKS aligned for K – 2 and Exceptional Children. Chapter activities will help your students learn the importance of money management while you discuss:
- Want’s vs. Needs
- Making a Budget
- Identify ways to earn income
- Consider charitable giving
- See how human capital is related to work
- Distinguish between spending and savings
- Producers, consumers and profit for a small business
- And finally, success and owning a bike! Come along for the ride!
- COLOR INTERIOR